Friday, June 11, 2010

comparisons

I was flipping through the channels today as I munched on a hurried bowl of granola, and found Gilmore Girls. I stopped and watched the intro to the episode... It was about 4 seasons after I left off, but still had all the same characters. Rory was farther along in whatever degree she's getting, still the same relationship cycle between Mum and her love interest, and that dead beat "cute" boy that Rory has been broken up for the last 6 seasons was making a re-entry to the series (what's the point of keeping a love interest alive if they're not going to end up happily ever after? cruel and unusual!). Sorry for the run on sentence.

But I realized that I had unconciously been comparing myself to this type of lifestyle; of people who knew the same people for years on end, who kept on having the same issues because the writers never got more creative. I was talking to a friend earlier today, who I've known for a few weeks, and the comment of not having people who "really knew her" to talk to. And I realized that I'm used to spilling my guts to strangers, because in a lot of ways, to me, everybody is a stranger, because I don't stay in circles longer then six months. I'm really feeling like a piece of incompetent 21 year old angst ridden college student. Oh well.

But I know that it's not really my fault for not sticking around the people I've known for longer then six months; the very few I have met that were worth keeping I have kept- and I love them dearly. But I'm so god damned tired of being nomadic. I'm so tired of constantly testing my waters with the people that I consider to be my closest friends. Why is this so much more difficult then it should be?


No comments:

Post a Comment